»

Monday, August 10, 2009

Babies, Chicken and Ice Cream

We had an eventful weekend.  Saturday involved a baby shower, friends, chicken wings and homemade ice cream.  I went to my friend Lindy's baby shower Saturday afternoon.  It was a fun filled shower with great gifts, the best punch ever and friends.  Lindy is having a little boy next month and she got so many fun boy items. 

0810 008 

These are some of the GNO girls at Lindy's shower.

Saturday night Jarred and I were able to get out with a few of his friends for dinner and dessert.  We started out at Buffalo Wild Wings for our dinner.  I was craving chicken wings and happened to have a coupon for 6 free, so that is why we ended up there.   After dinner, we went back to Chad's house (Jarred's friend).  Since it was just the two of us, Brad and Chad I kicked back in the recliner and went to sleep while the three boys caught up.  While we were there, the boys decided to make homemade ice cream (I know three guys making homemade ice cream makes me laugh a little).  They made Milky Way ice cream and it was delicious!  As soon as I can get the recipe I will post it on here.  It is well worth trying.

Sunday we went to church and did the usual grocery shopping that I always, except this time I made Jarred and Jacob go with me.  We made our  stops and in the process passed by Seafood and Chicken Box.  Let me just tell you, if you have never experienced this place you must go.  They just recently closed their old location and had their grand reopening in Trussville this past weekend.  They have the BEST fried chicken I have ever put in my mouth (can you tell I love chicken).  So, I got Jarred to walk down and order us dinner to go while Jacob and I finished our shopping at Aldi.  

It was a great weekend and this is going to be a busy week.  Jacob starts school on Wednesday and I am so excited and nervous.  This will be his first time away from our family besides the hour he is in nursery at church.  He will be going four days a week so hopefully he will get the hang of it quickly.  I hope you all have a great week.

1 comments :

morgan823

I love this picture because I don't look like a whale! :) No really it is a great picture of everyone.