»

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Baby D Has A Name

After my doctor's appointment this past Tuesday, Jarred and I decided it was time to give this child a name.  We had several that we liked but wanted to make sure without any doubt that it was a boy before we made it official.  Well, the ultrasound proved for sure that it is definitely a boy!  That boy is not shy at all, he showed us with all his glory.  So after some really stupid names from Jarred (that could not really be a child's name) we came up with...

Colyn Davis

I went through the entire baby name book looking for a boy name that Jarred would like (he is very picky) so Colyn was one of VERY few he liked.  Of course we found it as Colin but I like to spell things different, so I decided on this spelling.  Davis is a family name, my maiden name actually and I had originally wanted to use it as the first name but never could get used to saying it in that sense. 

We are very excited about the name and love the way Jacob say Baby Colyn.  He loves to pat and kiss my belly and can not wait for his baby brother to get here.  We showed him the ultrasound last night and he just kept saying, "that's baby Colyn."  It is amazing how much a two year old understands everything that is going on.  Every time he sees a baby on TV he wants to hold it.  Now if we can just work on the sharing his trucks part, HA!  He tells us that he is not going to share his trucks with the baby.

After my appointment Tuesday I meet with the lady that is going to make Colyn's bedding.  Her company is called Beckers.  She is local here in Birmingham and has tons of fabrics to choose from.  I have several friends using her and she does a great job.  My friend Morgan posted a few pictures of her finished bedding today.  I am so excited about the bedding and can not wait to get it and show it off!  I will not have it until November, so I have to wait a while. 

I am 19 weeks as of this past Monday and it seems to be flying by!  I feel like I am blowing up like a blimp but I know that it is all just a part of it.  Here is my weekly belly picture.

19weeks

I know this post was all over the place and pretty long but I hope y'all have a great Thursday!

 

4 comments :

Mycalee

Can't wait to see your bedding! I love the name !!!! So adorable.

Anonymous

oh my goodness! i love the name colin...just posted it yesterday...we still think alike. can't wait to see you, you look so cute.

Beachbumaw

Well its about time!!!! Kidding! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the name!!! And you look adorable, as always!

Unknown

I LOVE your name! and the spelling! different is fabulous!

you are too cute! and not a blimp!
give us a hint- what colors are the new room?