»

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Our 4th of July Weekend

We had a fun filled 4th of July weekend, starting on Friday. We spent most of the day at the pool with my mom. I was so excited that Jacob finally loved the pool, he even wore his "swimmies". My excitement soon changed because Jacob would not keep his mouth closed in the pool. I am such a paranoid person, all I kept thinking was that he was going to end up drowning from dry drowning (please tell me y'all remember the little boy that died from dry drowning, I think it was last year). So, I had to keep threatening him to either close his mouth or we would have to go home. I know I am such a sweet momma. He never really stopped but he did puke up some water a couple of times, so hopefully that helped. That night I was so worried but he was fine and my paranoia got the best of me. I guess I just need to relax a little.

On Saturday we went out to lunch with Jarred's grandmother, aka Poopee. We ate at a really nice restaurant called Sweet Bones, it was so yummy! After lunch we relaxed at Nana and Papa's house until firework time. We drove over to Trussville to see what their fireworks were all about. They were great! Jacob was not scared at all, he was mesmerized. He just sat there and stared. He was so tired by the end of it, I am surprised he did not fall asleep watching them.

Sunday we went to church and a birthday party. The church service was really good. They have been having a lot of guest speakers lately but they have all been very enjoyable. The birthday party was at the park and it had rained so everything was wet, but Jacob had a good time anyway. All he wanted to do was play with the bubbles and eat cake. After the party we went home and laid around the rest of the day. It was a fun filled weekend!

0 comments :